Universe is the best example of great science behind it. And, interestingly we don’t know about them.
Whether it is about our body or the outer world, we actually don’t know anything. So I thought to list some interesting facts that will grow your interest in the section.
1. There is enough DNA in the average person’s body to stretch from the sun to Pluto and back — 17 times
2. The average human body carries ten times more bacterial cells than human cells
3. At over 2,000 kilometers long, The Great Barrier Reef is the largest living structure on Earth
4. It takes a photon up to 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to its surface, but only 8 minutes to travel the rest of the way to Earth
6. There are actually over two dozen states of matter (that we know of)
7. There are 8 times as many atoms in a teaspoonful of water as there are teaspoonful of water in the Atlantic Ocean
9. Grasshoppers have ears in their bellies
10. You can’t actually have the taste of your food without saliva
11. When Helium is cooled to almost absolute zero (-460°F or -273°C, the lowest temperature possible), it becomes a liquid with surprising properties: it flows against gravity and will start running up and over the lip of a glass container!
12. Octopuses have three hearts, nine brains, and blue blood
13. If Betelgeuse exploded, transitioning from the red supergiant stage to supernova, it would light our sky continuously for two months. It could happen anytime — within a couple of thousand years, tomorrow or even now
For more interesting stories download the Lopscoop application from Google Play Store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.