Most of the yoga styles taught in the West today, and even if we Google or YouTube about the yoga videos, most often we find the West people teaching. But most of us don’t know that the roots of yoga can be traced back to India. We have Trimumalai Krishnamacharya, he is among well-known personality from whom many people have taken classes of yoga and now running their own academy.
He was born in 1888 in a remote village in India, and throughout his 101 years on earth, he became a master of study in Vedic philosophy, yoga asana, pranayama, logic, Sanskrit, Ayurvedic medicine and music.
And we have collected some inspirational quotes of the respected man. Scroll below to read them:
1. Inhale, and God approaches you. Hold the inhalation, and God remains with you. Exhale, and you approach God. Hold the exhalation, and surrender to God. Tirumalai Krishnamacharya
2. Master your breath, let the self be in bliss, contemplate on the sublime within you. Tirumalai Krishnamacharya
3. Rid your body of its impurities, let your speech be true and sweet, feel friendship for the world, and with humility seek wealth and knowledge. Tirumalai Krishnamacharya3. Rid your body of its impurities, let your speech be true and sweet, feel friendship for the world, and with humility seek wealth and knowledge. Tirumalai Krishnamacharya
4. Nowadays, the practice of yoga stops with just asanas. Very few even attempt dharana and dhyana (deeper meditation) with seriousness. There is a need to search once more and re-establish the practice and value of yoga in modern times. Tirumalai Krishnamacharya
5. In the practice of Yoga, one can emphasize the body, the mind or the self and hence the effort can never be fruitless. Tirumalai Krishnamacharya
6. Where is the delusion when the truth is known? Where is the disease when the mind is clear? Where is death when the Breath is controlled? Therefore surrender to Yoga. Tirumalai Krishnamacharya
For more interesting stories download the Lopscoop application from Google Play Store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.