Forgot your password?

Enter the email address for your account and we'll send you a verification to reset your password.

Your email address
Your new password
Cancel
Samsung has once again become the leader of the smartphone in the premium segment in India. It became India’s number one premium smartphone brand in the first quarter of 2019. The second spot was grabbed by the Chinese company OnePlus.

However, one interesting thing here is that from the past three quarters OnePlus have been occupying the No. 1 position leaving behind Samsung.

According to Counterpoint Research, the reason behind Samsung’s success is the company’s latest flagship Galaxy S10 series. According to the counterpoint research, Samsung is now leading the premium smartphone segment in India. While OnePlus is in the second position and Apple is at the third.

According to a report by Counterpoint Research, the shipment of these three smartphone brands is less than 5% lower than the corresponding quarter last year. Because in the first quarter of 2018, their total shipments were 95%, but this time this figure is only 90%. The remaining 10% have companies like Huawei.

Counterpoint has said, ‘People who are buying their second or third smartphone are already thinking about upgrading to premium segment. The second reason for the growth in the premium segment is installment plans and offers.

Counterpoint Research has said in a report that because of the success of the Galaxy S10 series and OnePlus 6T, premium segment has increased in India. The report also says that soon Apple will produce many of its smartphones in India and this will save the company 20% of the import duty.

Karn Chauhan, Research Analyst, Mobile Devices at Counterpoint said, “The success of Galaxy S10 series and OnePlus 6T highlights the trend of an expanding the premium segment in India.”

In Q1 2019, the top three premium brands including Samsung, OnePlus and Apple accounted for 90 percent of the premium segment shipments as compared to 95 percent in Q1 2018.

For more interesting stories, Download the Lopscoop application from Google play store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.

YOUR REACTION
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0

Add you Response

  • Please add your comment.